Betutu (goby) is a side dish made from chicken or duck a whole that contains spices, then roasted in the fire chaff. This goby has been known throughout the district in Bali. One manufacturer is the village betutu Melinggih, kecamatam Chedi district of Gianyar. Chicken goby is also a special food Gilimanuk. Goby is used as a serving in religious ceremonies and rituals as well as dishes and sold. Consumers not only the people of Bali but also foreign visitors who come to Bali, especially in certain places such as in hotels and restaurants / restaurant. Betutu not stored longer lasting.
- 1 tail (1,5 kg) of chicken
- 100 gr young cassava leaves, boiled to soft, squeeze, cut into pieces
- 5 tablespoons oil, for sauteing
- Banana leaves / aluminum foil, to wrap
- 7 pieces of red chili pepper and 5
- 5 hazelnuts, roasted
- 10 pieces of red onion
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 5 pieces of garlic
- 1 tablespoon coriander, roasted
- 1,5 tbsp lemon grass, finely sliced
- 2 rounded teaspoon pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped galangal
- 0,5 tsp nutmeg powder
- 2 teaspoon turmeric chopped
- 4 lime leaves
- 2 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoon chopped kencur
- Salt and sugar according to taste
- Stir-fry ground ingredients until fragrant and dry. Remove and let cool. Divided into two parts.
- Mix one part spice with cassava leaves. Enter the body cavity of chicken, pin holes with a toothpick. Rub the remaining seasoning on the chicken surface and under the skin.
- Wrap with several layers of banana leaves, tied tightly with rope. Bake in hot oven 180 ° C, for 2-3 hours until cooked.
- Remove, cut into pieces and serve. Note: before baking, can also be steamed in advance ± 45 minutes, then baked for 1 hour.