Gudeg ( Java language gudheg) is a special food of Yogyakarta and Central Java which is made of jackfruit cooked with young coconut milk . It took many hours to make this dish. Brown color is usually produced by the leaves of teak are cooked simultaneously. Gudeg eaten with rice and served with thick coconut milk (areh), free-range chicken , eggs , tofu and fried krecek condiment.
- 3 cans of nangka (young jack fruit)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 800 ml of water and tea
- Boiled eggs taste (ngrebusnya do not run as long as solid aja), skinned
- Know the white / out skin (optional)
- 125 grams of brown sugar, coarse combed
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Bay leaves to taste
- 6 garlic
- 1 / 2 red onion
- 2 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 3 / 4 tsp cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- galangal taste
- 1 stalk lemongrass (white part grab)
How to Cook Gudeg Jogja:
- Young jack fruit filtered and washed, because the water preserved to make a sour taste.
- Stir-fry ground ingredients until fragrant, put brown sugar and bay leaves.
- Enter the jackfruit and boiled eggs, stirring until thoroughly blended with spices.
- Add coconut milk and water until all jackfruit tea and eggs submerged.
- Cover the pan and cook over open fires kecil.Jangan often, just 1 / 2 hours.
- If is long enough to try diicipi have to taste what is not.
- Enter to know when the water left over a half, so know not too hard.
- Cook until the water is low / almost dry.
- Ready to serve and eat with hot white rice and sambal shrimp paste , or it could be shared Empal meat or chicken as a side dish enhancements.